We had a great event at in Mountain View.
This was live code event where we walked though Swift. We started with the basics so everyone was welcome. We built a playground to see the results as we went along.
- Video from Apple’s Swift blog
- You'll build a photo filter app, and you can check your work, download the finished code from our GitHub (snag the Zip file and open the .xcodeproj file)
- Treehouse Swift course
- Video walkthrough all the way up to building a finished Weather app. They also feature quizzes after each video to help cement the knowledge
- Tutorials by Ray Wenderlich
- Written tutorials from the basics to the fun animations
Questions from the Session
How can I use audio in my app?
How can I bridge to and from Objective-C?
The Swift Language User Group meetup had an excellent talk on this by Jonathan Blocksom. His talk covered how you can work with both languages in one project: what works well and what pitfalls there are. The talk was recorded with the video & slides are synchronized and there are code samples.
How can I use Storyboards to build an app?
At the event, we quickly showed how to add a button and make it change its text when tapped. On November 2nd, I'm offering a 1-day bootcamp to learn how to build a whole app. Maybe you've been dreaming of building apps, but haven't been able to set aside the time. This bootcamp will be personalized instruction and ensures that you come out of this with a real app that works on iPhone and iPad.