Thanks to all the attendees, mentors, and volunteers for an unforgettable weekend. Our Live Blog has been continuously updated. It has all the day's video, photos, and team descriptions. We've also been collecting the news articles and podcasts that covered the event.
Cheers to the photographers who tweeted with #wkh14 and shared their pictures. You guys snapped awesome photos!
This is only the beginning. We've got some great events coming up in our meetup group. Join it to find out about future events.
Big props to @jsambuo, Ryan Spalding, and @rgeorgek42 for pro photography
The WatchKit Hackathon took place on November 23, 2014. 33 teams presented apps for the Apple Watch the same week that WatchKit was released.
The day before we also had a Workshop. @jblocksom, @natashatherobot, and @benmorrow taught WatchKit code and design.
- Welcome to the WatchKit Hackathon by @benmorrow
- "Social game where you see shapes and color combinations. Tap to get the right one"
- "Music coach while student is practicing"
- "Order from your table and bartender or waiter receives, and can say, 'on the way'"
- "Monitor the mood of kids. They tap simple emoji on their iPhone or iPod, receive on my Watch"
- "Prescription management app to schedule time intervals for taking medication."
- "Lumosity-style image-based memory game"
- Pictures from during the day
- @urvib introducing the final presentations
- Final presentations:
- It's Raining "Notifications when it's about to rain and when it's going to stop to the minute!. Also allows for notifying when rain stops."
- Red Alert "Indicator of safeness based on your current location."
- WatchSet "Multi-player Apple Watch gaming app matching color shapes."
- Photos from the evening
- Judges award presentation: @mak0ski, @micheletitolo, and @jamesdempsey
- Pics from the awards
- Photography from The Workshop
- Special Thanks to @CapitalOneLabs and @happywatchblog
- Hashtag #wkh14
See you next year at the at the Spring and Fall hackathons!