We walk through building a simple "Hello World" app with Xcode. Then we run it in the iOS Simulator for Apple Watch.
- Create a new target for a WatchKit App.
- Activate the new build scheme.
- Inspect the files that are produced in the Project Navigator.
- In the WatchKit Extension, you'll notice the Interface Controller.
- In the Watch App, you'll notice the Storyboard.
- Drag a label and a separator object onto the interface.
- Open the Assistant Editor and create an outlet for the label.
- In the awakeWithContext function, call setText on the label.
- Build and run the app to see it in the iOS Simulator for Apple Watch.